An ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) is an orthosis or brace that surrounds the ankle and foot. AFO’s are L shaped and are externally applied to the leg and foot.
Indications for AFO’s
- Control of ankle position
- Compensate for muscle weakness (drop foot) caused by a stroke, spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, polio, multiple sclerosis and peripheral neuropathy and charcot’s foot
- Immobilize the ankle and lower leg in the presence of arthritis or fracture.
- Stabilization of the ankle and subtalar joint caused by adult acquire flat foot
- Enhance normal movement of the ankle,
- Minimize abnormal gait patterns and
- Increase the efficiency of walking
Our Custom-made Ankle Foot Orthoses meet high demands for function and fit.
They are fabricated from state-of-the-art materials and meet patient requirements for fitting and for physical therapy.